Published: Thu, October 12, 2017
Economy | By Annette Adams

Same-store slowdown cools Domino's rally

Same-store slowdown cools Domino's rally

Domino's Pizza Inc, the biggest USA pizza delivery chain, reported slower same-store sales growth in the third quarter, sending its shares down 3 percent in pre-market trade. Next quarter's EPS is expected be $1.96 and the next full year EPS is anticipated to be $6.80. Total same store sales increased 14.2 percent, compared to 17.2 percent growth past year. Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ) shares have been recently spotted -5.89% away from the 52-week high, and 39.32% away from the 52-week low mark.

The third quarter was an excellent example of us simply continuing to do what we do best: executing on our long-term strategy, relying upon our strong fundamentals and aligning with our outstanding USA and global operators to turn in another quarter of phenomenal results. The company has a market cap of $9.88B. This dividend amount represented a yield of $0.93. Calculated by dividing Domino's Pizza, Inc.'s annual earnings by its total assets, investors will note a return on assets of 34.00%.

Sell-side analysts have also provided a consensus recommendation of 2.40 on company shares. Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ) current has a Beta score of 0.41. Finally, Bank of New York Mellon Corp grew its holdings in Domino's Pizza by 2.0% during the second quarter.

Since the beginning of the calendar year, the stock is 31.40%. Instinet reaffirmed a "neutral" rating and set a $198.00 price objective (up previously from $196.00) on shares of Domino's Pizza in a report on Saturday, July 22nd. Increasing in the upper single digits is still enviable in a category that has seen Domino's competition struggle. Yum! Domino's Pizza has a consensus rating of "Hold" and an average target price of $199.46. On Thursday, despite surpassing Wall Street expectations for both profit and same-store sales in the third quarter, shares fell more than 6 percent in premarket trading. The stock decreased 0.02% or $0.05 during the last trading session, reaching $209.24. This repurchase authorization allows the restaurant operator to buy up to 13.5% of its stock through open market purchases. Thirteen equities research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and ten have given a buy rating to the stock. Stock repurchase plans are typically a sign that the company's board believes its stock is undervalued. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, September 14th. Share performance for the month is now at 10.17%. If you are accessing this news story on another site, it was copied illegally and republished in violation of United States & worldwide copyright law. "Higher same store sales and store count growth in both our domestic and worldwide markets also contributed to the increase in revenues", the company added. (LON:DOM) news was published by Thestreet.com which published an article titled: "Domino's Pizza Group Launches Amazon Echo Ordering Service as UK Earnings Go Large" on July 25, 2017. Its basic menu features pizza products in various sizes and crust types.

Like this: